Dear Reince Priebus,
I would like to address the fundraising letter you sent out a few days ago asking past campaign donors “…you haven’t turned your back on our Party during this critical midterm elections”. The audacity displayed by the wording of this letter begs to be addressed.
1) “In 110 days, conservatives like you can slam the brakes on Barack Obama’s left-wing assault on America’s freedom, prosperity and security by electing more Republicans in the 2014 elections.” Yes, Reince, conservatives like US can ‘slam the brakes on Barack Obama’s left-wing assault…by electing more Republicans’, but it seems those of you who think you control the GOP don’t know the true meaning of the word “conservative”. Proof of that lies in every election around this country, with the exception of Eric Cantor, where the grassroots have risen up against the establishment candidates, and have been slapped back down so that your ‘chosen ones’ can maintain their power and influence in the halls of Congress. Those very same Republican incumbents have proven time and time again they will NOT vote against anything that would remotely begin to stop ‘Obama’s left-wing assault on America’ because they would loose their ‘cash-cow’ if they were to stop the big government spending they’ve been a party to for the decades that they’ve held onto their positions.
2) “But I’m concerned that you’re still sitting on the sidelines not supporting our Party.” You would be correct in that assumption. Those of us here in Mississippi ARE still sitting in limbo waiting to see what the outcome of the challenge initiated by Chris McDaniel will show, IF and WHEN it is settled. Just an FYI, there are THOUSANDS if not HUNDREDS of thousands that WILL NOT VOTE FOR Thad Cochran!
3) “I’ve written to you numerous times about the historic opportunities before us this year and asked you to reactivate your RNC membership. I’ve yet to hear back from you.” This vaguely sounds like a letter from a debt collection agecny! “I’ve written to you numerous times”, one would likely deduce from the fact that you haven’t heard back, whether from a renewal of the membership or a letter explaining why the membership will not be renewed, that they have chosen to no longer support your organization, correct?
4) “I hope you haven’t turned your back on our Party during the critical midterm elections.” No, Reince, we haven’t turned our back on our Party, but we KNOW that our Party has turned their backs upon US. The proven race-baiting ads paid for by the different GOP PAC’s as well as the seven U.S. Senators, who have openly declared war upon The Tea Party, are just the final straw for a huge majority of those of us who consider ourselves Constitutional Conservatives. #RememberMississippi?
5) “President Obama is determined to restore liberal firebrand Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House and keep hatchet man Harry Reid running the U.S. Senate.” What difference does it make whether Nancy Pelosi or John Boehner are Speaker of the House? Those of us out here in the grassroots can’t tell a difference! And as far as “hatchet man Harry Reid” goes, there’s not much difference between him and Mitch McConnell either! It seems that Boehner nor McConnell are doing what they were placed in office to do and that was to STOP OBAMA! They both have voted to grant Obama’s every command and even stood and clapped when he stated in the State of the Union Address in January 2014 that he would “make Congress irrelevant, if they continued to obstruct his policies”. So tell me again WHY should we be sending our hard-earned dollars to an organization that seemingly has NO interest in representing US?
6) “He’s doing his part by raising tens of millions of dollars in campaign cash from wealthy lefty heavy-hitters all across the country.” So WHAT? The campaign waged by Dave Brat, the college economics professor, didn’t have any where near the millions that Cantor’s camp raised and yet the PEOPLE of that district pulled off what ‘the power’s that be’ professed couldn’t be done! Just more proof of what can happen when the people decide they’ve had enough!
7) “With a Democrat-run Congress – and lapdog mainstream media unwilling to question his liberal policies – Obama will have free reign during his final two years in office to fully implement Obamacare, pass blanket amnesty for illegal immigrants, and continue his march to undermine the U.S. Constitution.” The way it looks to us out here in the trenches of everyday American life, it already seems as though Obama HAS free reign because there are only a handful there in either house of Congress that are even lifting a finger to stop him or even slow him down. I personally have a letter written to me by Thad Cochran promising me that he is doing “everything in his power to stop the full implementation of the Affordable Care Act and to defund the portions that are already in place” and within 4 days of receiving that letter, Thad was just one of the majority votes that allowed the cloture vote to go forward and Obamacare was funded for another year. That blatant lying doesn’t sit well with me and I know millions of other Conservatives that feel the same way. And John Boehner has recently gone before the microphones to state that there will be NO opposition to the Obama administrations agenda with allowing all of these illegals to enter the country, and don’t try and pretend that it is ONLY “the unaccompanied children” that are entering because there is UNDENIABLE PROOF that the huge majority of those crossing our border from Mexico are NOT children! As far as “his march to undermine the U. S. Constitution”, the Republicans have had their hands dirtied in that little dastardly deed themselves. You see we are keeping track of EVERY vote and EVERY piece of legislation that is passed that takes away each tiny piece of our civil liberties, Bill of Rights, as well as the rights granted to us through our Constitution. Every vote that has come up to renew the unconstitutional NSA spying has had GOP support, as well as has the NDAA, and I can go on and on. Keep in mind, WE ARE WATCHING!
As far as “keep our Party on track to victory”, it might be worth noting that John Boehner wouldn’t have his Speaker of the House position that he holds today if it weren’t for the grassroots effort of the people who make up each and every Tea Party organization across America, you know the people that you and those like you in the Republican establishment despise and to whom Mitch McConnell as well as Boehner have declared war against. If the elections in Virginia, with Eric Cantor’s defeat and the still unsettled election in Mississippi, with Thad Cochran’s trouncing are any indication, WE THE PEOPLE have had enough of the shinannigans of the hierarchy that has established itself there in the halls of Congress and in the buildings there in Washington, DC and it is beginning to show up through every ballot cast in every election across the country. Those of you who continue to ignore our Constitution and the valued principles that this nation was founded upon do so at your own political peril. There is a revolution brewing across America and the Republican Party can either get on board or get out of our way!
A TRUE Constitutional Conservative who has had ENOUGH!!